Project Manager, Slovak Republic – UNDP Partnership for Results in the International Development Cooperation
Based in: Regional Hub for Europe and CIS
Studied at: Technical University in Kosice, Slovakia and European Postgraduate Course on Envirinmental Management, The Netherlands;
Languages: Slovak, English, Russian
Hi, I am Henrieta Martonakova and my main areas of expertise are:
1. Poverty – environment – gender mainstreaming’ mainstreaming
2. Strategic Environmental Assessment
3. Strategic sustainable development planning and policy making
4. Emerging donors’ development cooperation
5. Programme / project management
I have 15 years of experience with providing technical advisory service and project management, mainly in the area of integrating environmental and gender issues into countries’ development planning, policy making and into UN/UNDP programming.
Currently I oversees projects transferring Slovak knowledge and experience to Moldova, in the area of good governance and water management. I am also responsible for managing activities focused on involvement of private sector in development cooperation, and supports capacity development of the Slovak entities involved in ODA.
Previously I was supporting partner countries in integrating the links between economic growth, poverty reduction and environment into their strategic development frameworks, in the CIS countries and Laos PDR. For years I’ve supported implementation of the UNDP Green Office policy.
Some recent achievements
- Have played the key role in initiating, designing and implementing the UNDP – UNEP Poverty Environment Initiative for the Europe and Central Asia region;
- My advocacy and technical assistance in applying rather innovative approach of poverty – environment mainstreaming contributed considerably in the first time occurrence of sustainable development principles in the local and national development planning (in Tajikistan).
- Former UNDP Bratislava Regional Center (BRC) became one of the pioneer office in ‘greening’ its performance and became the first UNDP Carbon Neutral office globally. This is thanks to the BRC Green Team I was an active member of.
For more details, you are welcome to contact me directly: