6 Achieve universal primary education
Where are we?
The best outcomes are in the areas of school enrolment and gender equality in schools because of the region’s tradition of mandatory school attendance and equal access (MDG 2). However, the quality of education and high dropout rates of students from disadvantaged minority backgrounds remain unsatisfactory.
Have you voted yet?
The 8 Millennium Development Goals
- 1 Eradicate extreme hunger and poverty
- 2 Achieve universal primary education
- 3 Promote gender equality and empower women
- 4 Reduce child mortality
- 5 Improve maternal health
- 6 Combat HIV/AIDS, malaria and other diseases
- 7 Ensure environmental sustainability
- 8 Develop a global partnership for development