6 Reduce child mortality
Where are we?
Big gains have been made in child survival, but efforts must be redoubled to meet the global target. The target is to reduce by two-thirds, between 1990 and 2015, the under five years old mortality rate, from 93 children of every 1,000 dying to 31 of every 1,000.
In Central Asia, this goal is almost reached since the under fiver years old mortality rate has diminished from 76 children of every 1,000 dying in 1990 to 42 children of every 1,000 in 2011.
(See: The Millennium Development Goals Report 2012)
Have you voted yet?
The 8 Millennium Development Goals
- 1 Eradicate extreme hunger and poverty
- 2 Achieve universal primary education
- 3 Promote gender equality and empower women
- 4 Reduce child mortality
- 5 Improve maternal health
- 6 Combat HIV/AIDS, malaria and other diseases
- 7 Ensure environmental sustainability
- 8 Develop a global partnership for development