6 Combat HIV/AIDS, malaria and other diseases
Where are we?
Serious challenges, particularly in countries in Eastern Europe and Central Asia, also persist with regard to child mortality (MDG 4), maternal health (MDG 5) and combatting HIV/AIDS, malaria and tuberculosis (MDG 6). These are the MDGs where progress has been slowest.
Patient Innovation: A nonprofit social network for patients and caregivers to share their innovations
Ancient Babylonians was engaged in open and free exchange of medical solutions… but how have things evolved over four millennia?more
Have you voted yet?
The 8 Millennium Development Goals
- 1 Eradicate extreme hunger and poverty
- 2 Achieve universal primary education
- 3 Promote gender equality and empower women
- 4 Reduce child mortality
- 5 Improve maternal health
- 6 Combat HIV/AIDS, malaria and other diseases
- 7 Ensure environmental sustainability
- 8 Develop a global partnership for development