Studii.md started the transformation process by opening up to feedback from all the parties involved: parents, teachers, and students. The team used the crisis as an opportunity to test and incorporate new and necessary functionalities on the platform, ones that would support not only distance education, but also classroom education.
For many parents, managing children’s school schedule, connecting them to classes, printing out homework, helping out with school chores and reporting back to teachers only added to an already long list of domestic work. A platform that would centralize school agendas, homework, and teachers’ feedback was becoming necessity.
Shortly after the decision on emergency lockdown and home schooling, Studii.md added new functionalities:
- The ability for teachers to upload videos on the lesson page and attach files and links to homework.
- The opportunity for students to send homework for review in electronic format.
- A video conferencing feature that allows for conducting lessons in real time.
- A library with electronic textbooks for grades 1 – 12 in all languages of instruction, as well as a section with school courses in various subjects.
- A simplified registration process for students and parents, allowing teachers to connect students via links.
- Automatic calculations of average scores and absences, saving teachers’ time. During the quarantine period, users fill out a mandatory health report, which is automatically displayed in the classroom's journal.
- Progress monitoring for parents by accessing their student’s profile, with information on grades, absences and mentors’ comments.
- The possibility to directly add comments on uploaded homework photos, without having to download the files.